A Warm Welcome To Child Therapy NI
We are an innovative Child Counselling service specialising in Child Psychotherapy, based in the Derry-Londonderry area of Northern Ireland. We have over 16 years experience working with children and young people, and provide professional support and therapy for issues such as anxiety, depression and anger issues.
What We Can Help With
We're proud to have supported and nutured hundreds of children throughout years; all with the own unique challenges and goals.
Below is a summary of the areas we specialise in (although this list is not exhaustive):
- Low self-esteem
- Struggling to deal with parents' divorce
- Excessive anger, worry, sadness or fear
- Behaviour which is immature for the child's age
- Continued school associated problems i.e bullying
- Behaviour(s) which interfere with making and keeping friends
- Problems eating or sleeping
- Difficulty adjusting to family changes
- Difficulties dealing with change
- Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Excessive shyness, withdrawn or poor social skills
- Attached Depression etc
Latest From Our Blog
Children's self-esteem and self confidence
Posted on 10 November 2018
It is so important to nurture children's self-esteem and to enhance their self confidence during their early years. As they grow, their emotional wellbeing will depend on how they have been cared for mentally, physically, emotionally and empathetically. Children's mental and emotional health problems can be managed and dealt with. Children learn how to manage their issues with resilience, using coping mechanisms and tried and tested strategies.
Child Therapy NI is an innovative Child Counselling and Child Psychotherapy Centre based in Londonderry.
We regularly update our blog with the latest news, literature, research, and more! Check back for new posts!